Extra Extra: Phoenix Processor LP
Phoenix Processor LP is hiring seafood processors. Join our team for the Summer B season (pollock).
If you have a strong work ethic and think you have what it takes to work on a vessel in a fast-paced environment, please apply. You will fly to Seattle, WA and join the vessel in Dutch Harbor, AK to begin an exciting career working aboard the M/V Excellence or M/V Phoenix.
Contract for the B Season pollock fishery begins when you join the ship and lasts through the end of the season, which could be up to 60 days.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, repetitively
- Work 12-16 hour shifts, 7 days a week in a fast paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Expected to work in a cold, wet environment
- Able to speak and read English
- Follow all safety and quality policies and regulations
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and follow quarantine protocols prior to joining the vessel
- Work and live aboard a vessel for 30-110 days with minimal communications (there is Wi-Fi access available)
- Must be capable of boarding and exiting the vessel without assistance by climbing up or down a gangway or by using a Jacob’s ladder
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and participate in US Coast Guard random drug testing program
- Making a living at-sea requires a special kind of person. This is a physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding workplace. The job requires physical endurance, repetitive lifting, agility, prolonged periods of standing, teamwork, and self-discipline. You must be able to follow directions and work as a team.
Wages and Benefits:
- $3,500 – $5,000 per month with overtime and potential incentive and performance bonuses
- Housing and meals provided
- After one year of employment you are eligible for enrollment in health insurance and 401k plans.
If interested, email your resume to Elliott Sawyer at Elliott.Sawyer@esd.wa.gov.