Are you a young adult living in Pierce County? Our free programs will build your life skills and kickstart your career!
Available Programs & Services
Job Readiness & Exploration
- Job search and job readiness assistance (writing a resume, interview preparation, building a career portfolio, leadership development)
- Mentoring, guidance, life and career coaching
- Career exploration and development assistance/Career assessment testing
- Paid work experience/internship opportunities
- Exploration into trades, skills or entrepreneurships
- Tutoring, study skills training
- Post-high school planning
- Post-secondary education support/educational planning
Workshops & Skill Building
- Occupational skills training and certifications to enhance your employability
- Leadership development opportunities
- Financial literacy education
- Information and referrals to other resources (i.e., housing, childcare, food, transportation)
- LinkedIn Learning, 20,000+ courses
- Orca Cards, for those experiencing transportation barriers
- EMAP, 24 hour counseling & support
- Tech support
- Retrieving personal identification documents (Social security cards, Birth certificates, Drivers licenses)
Pre-Employment Transition Program
Pre-Employment Transition services are available to young adults with a documented disability who are currently enrolled in school. Specific eligibility requirements apply.
Please note: Pre-Employment Transition (Pre-ETS) Services are offered through another provider, and requires an application through them. Please apply through the Pre-ETS webpage instead of the general Youth application form.
Additional Specialized Services
If you also fall under one of the following groups, you may be interested in these services:
You may be eligible if you are a:
Individuals between 16-24 who are facing barriers to employment, training, and education.
To qualify as a Young Adult, you must be:
- 16 – 24 years of age
- Out of school (not currently enrolled in high school or college)
- A Pierce County resident
- Experiencing one or more barriers to employment and/or education and training
To learn more
C Bey El, Project Director
Exceed Young Adult Workshops
Attend one of our weekly Exceed workshops for young adults, build your life skills and kickstart your career. Workshops take place every Thursday from 2:30p to 3:30p.