Extra Extra: MultiCare
MultiCare is now recruiting for Patient Access Technician – on call Job ID #82081 to cover multiple areas. The Patient Access Technician (PAT) is responsible for welcoming the patient into the care delivery setting and initiates the documentation required for the patient’s clinical care as well as the financial clearance. The PAT is responsible for ensuring accurate patient admission/registration. This position works closely with both the financial team (Patient Financial Services, Patient Financial Navigators and the payors) and the clinical team (Personal Health Partners, Emergency Department, Utilization Review, etc.) to ensure the optimum patient experience, accurate registration, appropriate cash flow and reimbursements for the system.
Key Responsibilities for Float Pool:
- Must be required to provide their availability by the 15th of each month.
- Must be available to work at least 2 shifts per weekend along with a full weekend in a month. The weekend will be from Friday – Sunday.
- Staff must be available to work at least one holiday in the year.
Minimum Requirements: One of the following:
- Graduate of a health vocational program such as Patient Access, Medical Assistance, Medical Billing & Insurance, or Medical General
- Associate’s Degree and six months healthcare experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and customer service experience
- One (1) year experience as a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
- One (1) experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- One (1) year admitting, billing, or registration experience in a health care setting and customer service experience
- One (1) year of customer service experience in fast paced environment.
Wages: Pay rate base is approximately $18.00, and then depending on experience from there.
- As an on-call employee you will receive a base rate of pay. And Pay in Lieu of Benefits, this will increase your pay by 15%.
- Non-Union on call position.
If potentially offered a position, there is a pre-employment process: Drug Screen, Background Check
Questions? Debbie Dixon at ddixon@Multicare.org
Job ID #82081 –Patient Access Technician – on call Apply online: https://jobs.multicare.org/job/patient-access-technician-float-pool-clerical-admin-support-auburn-wa-82081/