Extra Extra: Evergreen Fire and Security
Evergreen Fire and Security (EFS) is a recognized leader in the life safety and security solutions industry. We are entrusted by the Federal Government and commercial customers to protect lives, critical infrastructure, and information by providing and maintaining technically advanced and innovative fire alarm, access control, intrusion detection, CCTV, mass notification, and other critical protection systems.
This position supports company goals and growth in matters related to Facility Services. The Laborer will provide assistance to the Facilities Manager as a professional tradesman.
- Safely drives company vehicles to ensure successful collection and distribution of items;
- Possesses experience in the following trades: framing, trim, cabinetry, tile, plumbing, electric and drywall;
- Possesses the basic hand tools and knowledge of power tools;
- Is comfortable with heights;
- Meets with project managers, customers, and/or customers’ agents prior to project kickoff to obtain a complete understanding of job requirements and documents;
- Plans execution of jobs with project managers, referring to specifications and plans as needed;
- Clearly communicates all job requirements, including but not necessarily limited to; job schedules, work plans, equipment usage, hazardous conditions, safety procedures, damage control procedures, job site layout, and emergency procedures;
- Maintains high production, safe work habits, and high morale/motivational levels on the job;
- Constructs retaining walls and fences;
- Paints facilities and exterior buildings;
- Assists in construction or demolishing of buildings;
- Loads and unloads materials and moves materials in work areas;
- Directs traffic at or near building sites and carries out other traffic management activities;
- Assists supervisors with clerical duties;
- Maintains tools and equipment to include company vehicles;
- Constructs and takes to pieces concrete forms, scaffolding, and ramps;
- Digs trenches and places pipes or cables for drains and extra services;
- Moves furniture;
- Assembles desks and wall partitions;
- Manages shift equipment and materials (including keeping shop organized & clean);
- Transfers and finishes concrete slabs;
- Takes delivery of materials and cargo from suppliers, making sure paperwork is correct and quantities are checked;
- Mixes, transfers, and extends materials such as concrete and asphalt;
- Helps in drilling and coring
- Planes earth using rakes and shovels;
- Removes debris and trash at construction sites using wheelbarrows; and
- Cleans-up work sites;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid state driver’s license and clean driving history
- Ability to drive a manual transmission truck and be able to pull a trailer (including reverse).
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Up to 4% match available
- 100% vested from day one
- Healthcare flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company sponsored group term life insurance
- Corporate perks program
- Opportunities to participate in voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, long term care, hospital indemnity insurance, critical illness insurance, legal services, identity theft protection, and accident insurance
Evergreen Fire & Security is a US government contractor with sensitive access requirements. As our employee, you must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. citizenship due to the level of access to sensitive information and/or restricted facilities.
Evergreen Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.