Extra Extra: Department of Social and Health Services
Sent on behalf of DSHS.
Join us virtually, Thursday, October 21 @ 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. to learn about available Direct Care Provider jobs at DSHS. Staff will talk about what it’s like to work as a Direct Care Provider, find out what a typical day is like, and you can type in questions to ask staff!
The Department of Social and Health Services is Washington State’s largest state agency with over 16,000 employees. We provide crucial services to nearly one in three Washingtonians. This is done through a variety of programs such as food and cash assistance, long term care, behavioral health, and services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) has the mission of supporting people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their families receive services and supports based on need and choice.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOW!
- Current DDA opportunities include our featured Direct Care Provider, as well as Behavior Specialist, Telephone Operator, Case Resource Manager, Customer Service Specialist, Custodian, Food Service Worker, Nursing Assistant, Public Benefits Specialist, and many others!
Why People Want to Work for us:
Eligible employees receive:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for the whole family
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life/Long-Term Disability insurance
- 14-25 days of paid vacation leave based on years of service, 12 paid sick leave days per year, 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid training
- Participation in the Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Program (a supplemental retirement savings program)
- Advancement opportunities
Sign up for our virtual Direct Care Provider Thursday event
Our jobs can be found at: www.careers.wa.gov