Finding a new job takes persistence, diligence, and patience. WorkSource is here to back you up. With the Employment Security Department (ESD) reinstating job search requirements to continue receiving unemployment benefits, now is the perfect time to find your next job in a career you love.
What are approved job search activities?
Approved job search activities are more than job applications. They include:
- Employer contact (application, interview, networking or email)
- WorkSource workshops or hiring events
- Meet with a WorkSource specialist or career coach to learn about WIOA Title I services.
- Participate in WIOA Tile I activities: work experience, internship, on-the-job training, and more.
- Set up an account on a job search site like WorkSourceWA.com, Indeed, or LinkedIn and upload your resume.
- Watch an online video on a job search topic (how to write a cover letter, resume writing, or interview skills)
- Participate in job shadowing.
- Prepare a 30-second “elevator speech” to use at a job fair or during an interview.
Find out even more activities that qualify as approved job search on ESD’s website.
Tip: Document your online job search activities by saving the link or taking a screenshot. Learn how to screenshot here.
Job search strategy, resources, and guides
WorkSource offers guides on everything from identifying your skills to job search strategies to how to interview well. Check out some of our resources and guides below:
Want to talk to someone to about how to kickstart your career?
We have employment specialists ready to support you in your journey. You may qualify for free training, transportation, paid internships, GED prep, and more. Talk to us!