Extra Extra: Child Study & Treatment Center
Registered Nurse 2 & Psychiatric Care Counselor 1
The Child Study and Treatment Center (CSTC) is the only state-operated and funded psychiatric hospital for children and youth ages 5-17 who have psychological and safety needs that cannot be met in their communities.
Operated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services’ Behavioral Health Administration and located on a spacious campus in Lakewood, CSTC provides culturally competent care to children and youth with severe emotional and behavioral disorders that are typically complicated by medical, social, legal and developmental issues.
Calling all individuals with a passion for working with children, adolescents, and youth! Here’s an incredible opportunity for you at CSTC. If you are interested in being a part of this team, click the link and check out these jobs:
DSHS BHA CSTC Registered Nurse 2 ($2,000 Hiring Bonus!)
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of all patient care provided.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments.
- Educate patients and families regarding medication, treatment plans, behavior interventions, and cottage programs.
- Report and document significant changes in patient condition.
- Monitor patients’ safety and initiate interventions to prevent harm.
- Transport and accompany patients off-campus for specialty medical care
- Offer counseling, mentoring, and guidance based on individual treatment plans created by the clinical team.
- Work collaboratively with patients, using de-escalation techniques to maintain a calm and safe environment.
- Use appropriate behavior management strategies when dealing with patients who may display challenging behaviors.
- Help patients develop social, problem-solving, and decision-making skills while setting a good example.
- Accompany patients to appointments and community activities.
- Assist patients with their daily tasks and organize therapeutic and recreational groups.
Some positions will be reopening after they close if we’re looking for more candidates. Please stay tuned and check these and more jobs here, search by DSHS CSTC: https://www.governmentjobs.com/
All interested and qualified candidates should click on the “Apply” button to submit application online. If you have any questions, please contact Jie Zeng at email@example.com