Extra Extra: Thurston Economic Development Council
This full-time position specializes in providing government contracting advising services to businesses – helping them grow their public sector customer base. You will build relationships in the community, meet business owners, and help strengthen the economic outlook of those you serve.
- Conduct outreach and engagement to businesses regarding opportunities in public sector.
- Assist businesses directly with securing new contracts and the public sector contracting process
- Excellent marketing and outreach skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including public speaking in front of large and diverse audiences
- Ability to utilize and maximize virtual environments
- Ability to learn and train businesses on public sector contracting (training provided with full performance level expected with 6 months of hire)
- Ability to develop strong, meaningful relationships with referral sources and other program stakeholders.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn business and government contracting principles and how to apply them to the client business success strategy. Training available.
- Strong computer skills to research government marketplace and navigate registrations and online government systems
- Ability to take complicated material and create concise curriculum for adult learners
- Work well within a team environment and collaborative approach to work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Annual Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000
Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. The position is open until at least February 2 or until filled.