/ / COVID-19 Community Resources to Help

COVID-19 Community Resources to Help

Click below to jump to a section

  1. Washington State COVID-19 resource page
  2. Coronavirus Stimulus Payments information (updated 4/10)
  3. Rent, Housing and Utilities assistance
  4. Food assistance
  5. Other assistance
  6. Health and Wellness
  7. Mental Health resources
  8. Tax resources
  9. Issues & Legal assistance

Washington State COVID-19 Resource Page

The State of Washington has provided a website (coronavirus.wa.gov) for information and assistance regarding the Coronavirus pandemic. Below are some quick links to some of the resources available on the site:

COVID-19 Rumor Prevention

Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the stop the spread of rumors.

Go to top

Coronavirus Stimulus Payments – Recovery Rebates

(Updated 4/10/2020)

IRS Electronic Portal for Non-Filers

Today, the IRS released a new electronic portal to assist people on SSI and other non-filers in receiving their stimulus payments. Individuals can go to the portal, enter their personal information, and that information will be utilized to send them a stimulus payment: www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here.

Watch out for stimulus payment scams

The federal government is seeing an increase in scams related to federal stimulus payments including phone calls, text messages and e-mails phishing for information. The messaging includes variations of language such as “in order to receive your/your client’s stimulus payment via direct deposit, we need you to confirm the banking information” and they are gathering that information via telephone or directing victims to click on a link that takes them to a website where they enter their banking information.

Here are some important things to know:

  • The government will not ask you to pay anything up front to get this money.
  • The government will not call to ask for your Social Security number, bank account, or credit card number.

If you spot a scam, please tell the Federal Trade Commission. The Washington State Office of the Attorney General also has information and resources for reporting scams.
(Source: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/spread-facts)

Go to top

Rent, Housing, and Utilities assistance

Go to top

Food assistance

    • Pierce College Fort Steilacoom Campus (Lot D)
      9401 Farwest Drive SW
      Lakewood WA, 98498
      Tuesdays 1pm-3pm

    • Clover Park Technical College (Bldg. 5 lot)
      4500 Steilacoom BLVD SW
      Lakewood, WA 98499
      Wednesdays 1pm-3pm

    • Tacoma Community College (Lot F)
      Mildred St. S and 15th St. S.
      Tacoma WA 98466
      Tuesdays 4:30p- 6:30 pm

Go to top

Other assistance

Go to top

Health & Wellness

Go to top

COVID-19 FAQs_HCA-page-001

Mental Health resources

  • Disaster Distress Helpline (800) 985-5990
  • Pierce County Crisis Line 24/7 (800) 576-7764.
  • Crisis Text Line: 741741 (mobile fees waived)
  • Other mental health resources: Call 211
  • Maintaining your mental health during a health emergency – This is a very useful blog from Tacoma Pierce County Health Department.

Go to top

Tax resources

In response to COVID-19, the U.S. Treasury Department and IRS will allow most tax payments to be delayed until July 15. However, you still need to file a return or request a filing extension by April 15. No other filing is necessary for payment extensions. See free options at: http://irs.gov/coronavirus

Go to top

Issues & Legal assistance

Federal issues

Washington’s U.S. Senators and Representatives handle federal issues on behalf of Washingtonians every day and are available to assist you.

Local issues

The Governor does not have jurisdiction over issues decided upon by local elected officials. If you have concerns with such an issue, please contact the office of your local government.

Judicial/legal issues

As a state official, Gov. Inslee cannot provide legal assistance or advice, nor does he have the authority to intervene in matters involving the Judicial branch of government. Constituent Services is unable to provide assistance in matters of a legal nature. The Governor has no jurisdiction in most of these matters and cannot get involved because of the separation of powers.

If you have a consumer complaint that you would like to be investigated, please contact the Office of Attorney General.
(Source: https://www.governor.wa.gov/contact)

Go to top

Similar Posts