Workshops & Hiring Events
- This event has passed.
(ONLINE) Strategies for Success: Communication (PIERCE)
November 13, 2023, 9:00 am - November 16, 2023, 12:00 pm
Contact Name: Carol Forrester
Contact Phone: 253-293-0276
Contact Email: Carol.Forrester@esd.wa.gov
Workshop Language Option: English
Strategies for Success is a series of life-skills workshops open to everyone. It is flexible and customizable – each workshop module can stand alone or be combined with other modules to provide a personalized experience. Modules can be taken in any order. Each of the six modules is four days long, starting on the first business day of each week.
If class registration is full and participants are waitlisted, all registrations (regular and waitlist) will be evaluated according to the following criteria for deferment or acceptance into class:
- Program referrals
- Continuing or returning students (those working through the series of modules)
- Repeating students (those who have previously completed the module)
- Walk-ins (not program-connected)
Please go to WorkSourceWA.com and create a job-seeker account prior to attending the workshop.
*If you entered a valid email address, you will receive email updates of any registration or status changes. Remember to check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving emails from us.
If you need an accommodation to participate in this training, Carol Forrester, Carol.Forrester@esd.wa.gov, 253-293-0276 Washington Relay 711. Please provide your name and accommodation request. Please make your accommodation request as early as possible so arrangements can be made.
Event Registration: Sign Up Required
Approved Unemployment Insurance (UI) Job Search Activity: Yes
Communication – Communication is a skill that never stops growing! Come learn how to improve your skills and odds of landing that next job!
- Learn about interpersonal and business communication and discover your own style
- Develop better listening, writing, computer and presentation skills
- Find out about verbal & non-verbal cues, practice conflict resolution and get tips on emotional control
- Get tips on how to present yourself the right way on the phone, in email and on social media.