Phoenix Processor LP is hiring seafood processors. Their hiring event at WorkSource Pierce is on May 16 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. where they will be hiring for multiple seasons of seafood processing on their ships.
To pre-register for the event, you can visit: https://forms.office.com/g/RXKmSNbEG5
If you have any questions before the event, contact Elliott Sawyer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join their team for Spring hake season, where you will begin an exciting career working aboard the M/V Phoenix. If you have a strong work ethic and think you have what it takes to work on a vessel in a fast-paced environment, please apply. You will join the ship in Seattle, WA. Contract for Spring hake begins when you join the ship and lasts through the end of the season, which typically is 30-60 days.
Phoenix Processor is also looking for seafood processors to join the mid-June “B” season pollock team. That crew will join the boat in Seattle and take the boat up to Alaska. B season usually lasts from June into September or perhaps as late as October depending on the season and fishing conditions.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, repetitively
- Work 12-16 hour shifts, 7 days a week in a fast paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Expected to work in a cold, wet environment
- Able to speak and read English
- Follow all safety and quality policies and regulations
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and follow quarantine protocols prior to joining the vessel
- Work and live aboard a vessel for 30-110 days with minimal communications (there is Wi-Fi access available)
- Must be capable of boarding and exiting the vessel without assistance by climbing up or down a gangway or by using a Jacob’s ladder
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and participate in US Coast Guard random drug testing program
- Making a living at-sea requires a special kind of person. This is a physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding workplace. The job requires physical endurance, repetitive lifting, agility, prolonged periods of standing, teamwork, and self-discipline. You must be able to follow directions and work as a team.
Wages and Benefits:
- $3,500 – $5,000 per month with overtime and potential incentive and performance bonuses
- Housing and meals provided
- After one year of employment you are eligible for enrollment in health insurance and 401k plans.
Make sure to bring your resume.
Come prepared to fill out an application on the day of the event and to possibly participate in an interview.
**Veterans are encouraged to attend the Event.
Phoenix Processor LP Hiring Event
2121 S. State St. #300
Tacoma, WA 98405
Tuesday, May 16
10am – 12pm