Extra Extra: South Sound Staffing
South Sound Staffing is a women-led staffing agency who specializes in manufacturing, warehouses and small businesses in Pierce and King County. Based in Tacoma, WA, this agency helps people start or return to the workforce by giving them quality temp-to-hire opportunities with great employers.
They are hiring for an Export Agent at SeaTac who will primarily contact vessels and track their progress towards destinations. The position will train on some of the necessary programs, but it is expected that the job candidate has the background and skills needed for vessel transport.
Wage and Benefits
- $90,000 annually, depending on experience
Employee Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates activities of international traffic division of import-export agency and negotiates settlements between foreign domestic shippers.
- Supervises workers engaged in receiving shipping freight, documentation, waybilling, assessing charges and collecting fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- May examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff customs regulations.
- May contact customs officials to affect release of incoming freight resolve customs delays.
- May prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers’ foreign carriers.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Create shipping instructions for export shipments
- Create or request all documents required for product to be in conformance with country of destination, which includes Bills of Lading, Import Permits &, Certificates of Origin
- Send documentation to customer for approval
- Ensure customer compliance across many platforms (local government, foreign government, banking, USDA regulations)
- Monitors customer profitability and escalates pro-actively to product and sales management to ensure that quoted services and pricing are adjusted to achieve profitability
- Processes customer booking requests in accordance with customer level service agreements and established routing guides to maximize profitability
- Processes shipments in compliance with company, customer, and regulatory requirement
- Software/computer knowledge (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
To get the process started, please send Elliott Sawyer your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.