Extra Extra: CarMax
CarMax is Hiring for Inventory Associates.
Wages $16.49 per hour
Full medical and dental Insurance
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for zone maintenance, preparation for delivery, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning and reconciliation, final quality of saleable inventory, cosmetic inspections, vehicle movement (both on and off lot) and providing customer service.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the imaging of inventory for CarMax.com
- Ensure daily maintenance and security of the display areas and work-in-progress (WIP) zones.
- Perform gas reclamation process on vehicles
- Preparation vehicles for delivery to customers.
- Assist with preparation of vehicles for staging.
- Receive vehicles from trucks/carriers.
- Transfer tags to and from vehicles on the CarMax inventory log.
- Perform other duties, as needed, to include the duties and responsibilities of the Automotive Detailer (see job description in the CarMax Way for more information)
- Must have current valid driver’s license and meet the CarMax DSEPS standards
- Ability to read, interpret, and transcribe data to maintain accurate records
- Intermediate PC skills
- Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast paced working environment
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Some experience working in a retail or customer service environment, preferred
- Complete CarMax provided training
- Incorporate feedback from satisfaction surveys and manager to constantly improve individual and team performance
- Successfully partner with other associates throughout CarMax
- Ability to work in both an office and outdoor environment; this may include working in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions at times
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- CarMax clothing is required at all times during work hours (acquired through the company)
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health and Safety), and Integrity and Uniform policies.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other protected characteristics.