Start your career pathway in healthcare!
The Introduction to Healthcare Employment & Apprenticeship Program for Pierce County residents will prepare you for many career pathways and opportunities within the healthcare sector.
What you get
Facilitated study groups & mentorship during your training
Job placement assistance with employers dedicated to your career growth
You may qualify to get paid while you train
CNA certification upon completion of Phase 2 and testing
Assistance with career pathway exploration
Potential tuition & support for continued medical education
Earn while you learn!
This two-phase employment program for job seekers in Pierce County offers paid training while preparing for a living-wage career pathway into the healthcare sector.
The first phase provides education on how to work in the medical industry. The second phase will prepare you for the Nursing Assistant Certification (NA-C or CNA) exam, which will open the door to many opportunities in healthcare.
Classes are taught online with in-person labs, giving you the flexibility to learn from wherever you have internet access and also participate in hands-on learning activities.
- Phase One: Daily online classes spanning 3-6 hours will be held Monday through Friday each week.
- Phase Two: Online classes will be held Monday through Wednesday each week. In-person labs on Thursdays or Fridays
- 40 hours of clinical work experience
What you'll learn
Phase 1: The Basics of Healthcare
- Working with a medical team
- Basic Life Support certification
- Medical terminology
- Interview preparation
Phase 2: Next Steps to Certification
- Clinical work
- Preparation for CNA test
- Body mechanics, personal care, communication, & interpersonal skills
- Theory & skills lab
- Pass the written test
- Pass the skills test
- Register as a Certified CNA in Washington State