Workshops & Hiring Events
ONLINE Strategies for Success: Community Engagement (Pierce)
May 16, 9:00 am - May 19, 12:00 pm
Contact Name: Carol Forrester
Contact Phone: 253-293-0276
Contact Email: email@example.com
Workshop Language Option: English
Strategies for Success is a series of 20-hour life-skills workshops open to everyone. It is flexible and customizable – each workshop module can stand-alone or combined with other modules to provide a personalized experience. Modules can be taken in any order. Each of the six modules is four days long, starting on the first business day of each week. Though some details vary by location, typically:
* Each day consists of three hours of in-class instruction and two hours of extended learning and projects.
* If class registration is full and participants are waitlisted, all registrations (regular and waitlist) will be evaluated according to the following criteria for deferment or acceptance into class:
- Program referrals
- Continuing or returning students (those working through the series of modules)
- Repeating students (those who have previously completed the module)
- Walk-ins (not program-connected)
Please go to WorkSourceWA.com and create a job-seeker account prior to attending the workshop.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or changes.
*The wait list is automated: if you entered a valid email address, you will receive email updates of any registration or status changes. Remember to check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving emails from us.
If you need an accommodation to participate in this training, contact Carol Forrester, email@example.com, 253-293-0276 , Washington Relay 711. Please provide your name and accommodation request. Please make your accommodation request as early as possible so arrangements can be made.
Event Registration: Sign Up Required
Approved Unemployment Insurance (UI) Job Search Activity: Yes
Module 5: Community engagement – Why are we such social creatures? We will show you how communities can lift each other up and how even the tiniest gestures can change the world!
- Discover what it means when people talk about an individual’s culture or self-identity, and what it means to be sensitive to it
- Learn about your personal and social rights, demonstrating citizenship and civic engagement