Extra Extra: AMVETS
To enhance and safeguard the entitlements for all American Veterans who have served honorably and to improve the quality of life for them, their families, and the communities where they live through leadership, advocacy, and services. Directs and coordinates activities of AMVETS Post 1 employees to obtain optimum efficiency from the employees, economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the duties outlined in Essential Duties and responsibilities.
In this role you will be trained appropriately to perform the following duties:
- Plans, develops, and implements organizations policies and goals of AMVETS Corporate and employees.
- Prepares reports regarding the Post surveys, trends, and operations.
- Coordinates activities of departments: lounge, kitchen, bingo, maintenance, office management, accounting.
- Analyze corporate budget request to identify areas in which reductions can be made and allocates operating budget to fulfill mission.
- Conduct hiring and dismissal of personnel that report to AMVETS Post 1 managers.
- Ensures all employees are given a performance evaluation annually and are counseled on their job performance.
- Proficient and/or knowledgeable basic computer software skills, word, excel, and power point.
- 3 years related experience and/or training, or education/experience in managing or supervising food service, bartenders, security, entertainment, and janitorial staff.
- Must be able to utilize all 5 senses; Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the job requirements.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze financial reports, government regulations/requirements, and legal documents.
- Monitor and maintain valid licenses, permits, certifications on employees as required by law.
- Ability to write articles for publications or instructions, notices, and/or general information to employees, community businesses, Post 1 officers, and Trustees.
- Must be able to calculate figure amounts i.e., discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
This is a full-time position with an expected work week of 40 or more hours.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Starting pay ranges from $43K-$45k. This includes a comprehensive and market-competitive benefits package to meet the needs of our associates and their families.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested and qualified candidates should send your resume to Larry Stowe at email@example.com