Extra Extra: Washington Corrections Center
Correctional Officer 1
The Department of Corrections (DOC) was established to ensure public safety. Washington Corrections Center (WCC) is the Reception and Diagnostic Center, a close-custody facility with the primary responsibility to process, test, and classify all adult offenders sentenced to prison in Washington State.
We are hiring for Correctional Officer 1:
This job class is designated as in-training. The employee will advance to CO2 after satisfactory completion of the CO1 training requirements.
In an adult correctional facility, Correctional Officers provide safety and security, and assist in controlling, directing, and monitoring the activities and movement of incarcerated individuals. This includes maintaining security of the institution and controlling movement into, out of and within the institution in accordance with established department methods and procedures.
Overtime is an essential function of this position.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year of work experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Legal (Constitutional) right to carry a firearm is required
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- $26.98 – $28.34 per hour
- Medical (including vision), dental and basic life insurance
- Covered by Washington Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS).
- Generous paid leave and holidays
- Tuition assistance programs
Location: Washington Corrections Center (WCC) – 2321 W Dayton Airport Rd, Shelton, WA 98584
View full description and submit application online at:
All interested and qualified candidates should click on the “Apply” button to submit application online.
If you have any questions, please contact Jie Zeng at email@example.com.