We have roles on Day shift and Swing Shift for Production Supervisor jobs in Tacoma, WA is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You must have three-plus years of experience in a similar role with previous multi-line responsibilities. Staff management, orientation training, and team member development are part of your responsibility. You must be able to motivate employees to achieve results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the Company philosophy. Salary is dependent on experience. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Production Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Manage staffing, orientation, training, and team member development for 10 to 20 employees.
- Responsible for: developing people; improving processes; reducing costs; quality monitoring and improvements; superior customer service; and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for appropriately staff and schedule departmental personnel to ensure manufacturing requirements are met while minimizing costs.
- Responsible for planning departmental operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensures plant staff (Leads) enforce Company policies and procedures, plant-wide safety rules, and employee rules of conduct.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, terminating, disciplining, and coaching employees.
- Able to motivate employees to achieve results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the Company philosophy.
- Our ideal candidate will have three-plus years in a manufacturing leadership role with previous multi-line responsibility.
- Prior experience in improving operations (UPEH, reduced costs, etc.).
- To support Milgard’s Continuous Improvement culture, we would like a strong background in LEAN process improvement principles and process management experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. This role is a great opportunity to learn about our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering, including:
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
If you are interested in the Production Supervisor job in Tacoma, WA, please apply now. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture, visit our website at https://milgard.jobs.net/ We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career. We continue to build an even greater organization!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.