E-commerce and Digital Marketing Specialist
Responsible for assisting with Gensco’s E-Commerce platforms and the digital marketing and sales strategy that goes along with these. Responsible for identifying and contributing to website enhancements to ensure superior customer experience in areas such as timely and accurate content, user-friendly design and availability of functional tools, as well as, keeping abreast of best practices and industry trends. Responsible for documenting and organizing Gensco’s current e-content repository, as well as, collaborating with product experts to validate the accuracy and quality of the product data. Assist in the e-content data and lead the efforts in gathering more content, both internally and externally, to support Gensco’s e-commerce goals. Assist with the enhancement and maintenance of all of Gensco’s public and internal online platforms.
Content, Style and User Experience
- Coordinate with the appropriate Gensco departments to ensure accurate and useful information is displayed on the website and manage the product cycle of the website, with a focus on targeted sales promotions and seasonal customer preferences.
- Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze and/or resolve usability issues.
- Work directly with appropriate parties to ensure suppliers’ product information is transmitted to Gensco in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Document application and web site changes or change procedures.
- Develop and/or document style guidelines for web site content and ensure style guidelines are adhered to.
- Monitor website trends through continuing education, reading or participation in professional conferences, workshops and/or industry groups and recommend enhancement opportunities.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for website pages, including banner advertisements or advertisement rotation.
- Recommend web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Collaborate with web developers to create and operate internal and external web sites, or to manage projects, such as e-marketing campaigns.
Data and Analytics
- Track, compile and analyze website usage data and performance, and make improvement recommendations based off of analyzed data.
- Identify and present innovative and creative initiatives to drive sales and improve customer experience with the aim to exceed sales targets.
- Gather, analyze and document user feedback to better identify enhancements to the website and its pages.
- Perform user testing and usage analyses to determine web site’s effectiveness, engagement and usability.
- Support both short and long-term business plans for continues sales & profit growth through prioritizing and driving forward site features, functionality and campaigns.
- Proactively identify operational problems, suggest solutions and effectively collaborate with IT to resolve issues.
- With support of IT, develop testing routines and procedures.
- Inform web site users of problems, problem resolutions or application changes and updates.
- Set up and maintain monitoring tools on web servers and web sites.
- Identify, standardize and communicate levels of access and security.
- Provide training or technical assistance in web site implementation and use.
- Correct testing-identified problems, and recommend actions for their resolution.
- Test new software packages for use in web operations or other applications
- Completion of college program in computer science, web design or related studies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time & details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task environment.
- Superior customer service-oriented approach, responds to requests with a sense of urgency.
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately.
- Demonstrated success in working independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with staff with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Understanding of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce solutions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems for desktops and server.
- High degree of honesty, ethics and integrity with prior work experience handling confidential information.
- Able to work sitting or standing and to move freely throughout the facility
- Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies on a frequent basis
- Able to work beyond normal business hours if necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our team members enjoy excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits include health care coverage, LTD, 401k Profit Sharing Retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Come join our successful team!
Gensco is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit gensco.com.