Wellspring Home Health
Provides personal care and related services in the home, under the direction, instruction, and supervision of the staff nurse and the Director.
Tasks to be performed by an HHA must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of an RN who will be responsible for the patient care provided by the HHA.
Under no circumstances may an HHA be assigned to receive or reduce any intravenous procedures, or any other sterile or invasive procedures, other than rectal temperatures.
1. Follows the current written plan of care to provide safe, competent care to the patient and communicates with the office.
2. Uses appropriate and safe techniques of personal hygiene and grooming to include:
a. Bed, sponge, tub, or shower bath
b. Bed, sink or tub shampooing
c. Nail and skin cared. Oral hygiene
e. Toileting and elimination
f. Safe transfer techniques and ambulation
The normal range of motion and positioning
3. It helps the patient to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
4. Follows basic infection control procedures.
5. Plans and prepares nutritious meals markets when instructed to do so by the nurse incorporating knowledge of basic nutrition and fluid intake.
6. Reads and records temperature, pulse, and respiration in accordance with the plan of care.
7. Assists the patient with ambulation as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse.
8. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services.
9. Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan.
10. Recognizes the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of, and ways to work with, the patients served, including respect for the patient, their privacy and property.
11. Confirms on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits so that other necessary visits by staff members can be coordinated.
12. Documentation of the patient care provided.
13. Observes and reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition or in the home situation to the staff nurse, or to the Aide supervisor
14. Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient, as instructed by the professional nurse.
15. Completes the 12 hours of in-service training as required by agency policy & state/federal regulations yearly.
1. The ability to drive and the ability to access patients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible are required.
2. Hearing, eyesight, and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient’s condition and to perform patient care.
3. On occasion, may be required to bend, stoop, reach and move the patient weight up to 250 pounds, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds
4. Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
1. Preferably a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have completed a minimum training which includes an introduction to personal care services.
3. Must be a state-certified nurse aide, certified by the State of Washington and present a certificate from the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development or the Board of Nursing, indicating such.
4. Must not appear in the State of Washington registry of CNAs as having committed abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property in connection of employment as a nurse aide.
5. Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to patient, self, and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate this.
6. Must understand and respect patients including ethics and confidentiality of care.
7. Meets the home health requirements and has completed the competency evaluation
8. Has a valid criminal history check
9. Must be willing to travel to all lservice locations Pierce/Thurston County
Wellspring Home Health Agency’s mission is to provide professional and paraprofessional services to clients in their homes assisting them to achieve the highest level of potential in their day-to-day self-care activities. We are committed to providing high quality, multidisciplinary care by professionals who recognize the need for a comprehensive assessment of needs from both the client and professional’s point of view. Our goals and services are based on two fundamental philosophical principles: the belief in the innate worth of the sick, aged, and disabled individual and the belief that each individual, regardless of age, race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap(s) is entitled to maximize his or her potential as a human being and as a member of society.
Interested Candidates can go to our website and complete an application: www.wellspringhomehealth.com
To apply for this job please visit wellspringhomehealth.com.