1. Supplier Relations
-Acts as primary Gensco contact for suppliers.
-Maintains regular and frequent communications with those key suppliers to which they are assigned.
-Participates as a key member in formal supplier review meetings.
-Assists the Sales Support team in managing supplier participation in marketing programs and coop funds.
-Conduit for the supplier to voice their wishes and needs.
-Responsible for negotiating cost, terms, freight, price increases and conditions of sale with assigned suppliers to achieve greatest value and/or a market advantage.
-Procures special costs, as needed, to meet competitive situations.
-Analyzes and resolves issues arising from warranty, obsolescence, slow moving inventory, packaging, delivery, customer complaints and any other problems that may arise in dealing with specific suppliers.
2. Inventory Management & Replenishment
-Meets Gensco goals of service level, inventory turns and direct ship percentages.
-Regularly reviews product lines to determine if replenishment is needed.
-Determines where replenishment stock should come from, how it should get there, and how often.
-Identifies and corrects shortages and outages immediately – uses critical inventory report, and all available reports to identify and resolve.
-Initiates buy out as needed so internal shortages are transparent to customer.
-Identifies overstock, slow mover, non-mover inventory and communicate to sales/marketing or local branch for resolution.
-Manages the inventory of seasonal items using historical data, input from branch ops and sales, and supplier tools to determine timely orders.
-Communicates new product performance with branches and key internal stakeholders.
3.Communication – External and Internal
-Initiates communication on any changes in products, orders, availability, pricing, suppliers and their services for assigned product lines.
-Routinely solicits and uses feedback from the field and other departments particularly in regards to changes in sales or customer trends.
-Provides feedback on how the information was used, and the result of the actions as needed.
-Uses Gensco Marketing and broadcast email, as appropriate to internally publish important information relating to product lines.
-External communication including soliciting and giving information to suppliers on updates, people changes, competition and market changes or issues.
-Utilizes written communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
4. Administration & Maintenance
-Set up of new suppliers.
-Set up of new items, updated costs and rebates; maintains the purchasing module including contacts, order points, lead times, and order quantities.
-Updates branch files for new products, branch correspondence, supplier information, and catalogs.
-Maintains consistent product descriptions within product lines.
5. Team Management and Development
-Reviews monthly performance of goals with each buyer, inclusive of demand service level, inventory turns, direct shipments to branches and useless inventory.
-Works with buyer(s) to improve demand service level for individual product lines that are not meeting standards.
-Works with buyer(s) to improve inventory turns by product line for the company, and by branch. Provides assistance when needed.
-Reviews direct shipments by product line and works with buyer(s) to find ways to increase direct shipments to each branch.
-Takes an active role with buyer(s) to quickly identify useless inventory. Once identified, works directly with Sales, Marketing, and Pricing to move the product out.
-Determines which suppliers currently do not offer rebates, and works with the supplier and the buyer(s) to develop an acceptable program.
-Track supplier price increase notifications to ensure Gensco is receiving new net costs a minimum of 60 days prior to the effective date of any increase.
-Works with buyer(s) to get products bar coded by the suppliers.
-Work with buyer(s) to negotiate shipments to Anchorage for all suppliers with whom Gensco does significant volume.
-Review all product lines with inventory turns less than 5 per year.
• AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years related experience at Gensco or equivalent
• Organizational and negotiating skills
• Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
• Willing to think creatively and identify improvement and cost saving opportunities
• Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
• Excellent knowledge of the products Gensco sells
• Understanding of Gensco operations, distribution and warehouse operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately
• Strong people skills, recognizes when to use formal or informal style, not easily intimidated, accessible, ability to say “no” in a firm but polite manner to customers and suppliers
• Strong decision making abilities, understands impact and implications of decisions
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and follow through
• Positive approach toward challenging situations
• Able to operate computer terminal, calculator and other office machines
• Able to communicate with the public in person and on the phone
• Able to work sitting or standing and to move freely throughout the facility
• Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and inventory on a frequent basis
• Experience with plumbing purchasing or inventory management preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our team members enjoy excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits include health care coverage, LTD, 401k Profit Sharing Retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Come join our successful team!
Gensco is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit gensco.com.