Workshops & Hiring Events
- This event has passed.
ONLINE Strategies for Success Module 6 (Pierce)
September 20, 2021, 9:00 am - September 23, 2021, 12:00 pm
Contact Name: Carol Forrester
Contact Phone: 253-293-0276
Contact Email: email@example.com
Workshop Language Option: English
Additional Information: Strategies for Success is a series of 20-hour, life-skills workshops, and open to everyone. It is flexible and customizable – each workshop module can stand-alone or combined with other modules to provide a personalized experience.
Each of the six modules are four days long, starting on the first business day of each week.
Some details vary by location, typically:
- Each day consists of three hours of in-class instruction and two hours of extended learning and projects.
- Certificates are distributed after four days of attendance.
- If class registration is full and participants are waitlisted, all registrations (regular and waitlist) will be evaluated according to the following criteria for deferment or acceptance into class:
- Program referrals
- Continuing or returning students (those working through the series of modules)
- Repeating students (those who have previously completed the module)
- Walk-ins (not program-connected)
Please go to WorkSourceWA.com and create your account prior to attending the workshop.
Contact Carol Forrester at 253-293-0276 or Cforrester@esd.wa.gov for any additional questions or changes.
*The wait list is automated: if you entered a valid email address, you will receive email updates of any registration or status changes. Remember to check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving emails from us.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this event, please contact Carol Forrester at 253-293-0276 or Cforrester@esd.wa.gov, 711 by 10 days before module start date to request an accommodation.
Event Registration: Sign Up Required
Approved Unemployment Insurance (UI) Job Search Activity: Yes
Module 6: Work concepts II – You found the perfect job; now let us talk about how to land and keep it!
- Learn how to multitask and stay motivated
- Explore your personal leadership and organization skills
- Learn to evaluate trauma vs. drama and how to manage the unexpected
- Understand cognitive bias and how it impacts every decision we make
- Develop a solid vision for a professional future